Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ivory and lemon make the wedding from heaven





When my lovely friend Alison asked me if I would make her wedding cupcakes I was both delighted and honoured. I know Alison is an absolute perfectionist so working on these together took a lot of toing and froing (it didn't help that she was in London at the time). With the wedding theme of ivory and lemon in mind, we finally settled on a 5 tier tower of Vanilla Sponge Cupcakes with lemon coloured Swiss Meringue buttercream frosting topped with an array of sugar pearls and Coconut Cloud cupcakes with ivory coloured Swiss Meringue buttercream frosting also topped with sugar pearls. Alison also wanted a traditional wedding cake to top the tower which could be cut in the ceremony so for this we decided on a very simple double chocolate mudcake with ivory fondant icing. The whole stand was decorated with the wedding flowers, gorgeous ivory and lemon lillies.

No comments: