Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fluffy Nutty Fun


In search of the perfect nutty cupcake I created this fluffy concoction. With the temperature reaching 36 degrees celcius in Melbourne last week I wanted an all white cupcake to remind me of frost and snow. This beauty is a Triple Almond Cupcake filled with Rianna's White 'Nutella' with Meringue Frosting all topped with sugar pearls and torrone. Torrone is a delicious hard, nutty Italian nougat that we usually eat copious quantities of at Christmas. It finished my yummy sticky cupcake with a nutty crunch.

3 comments:

Maria@TheGourmetChallenge said...

I love visiting your blod, so many pretty pictures of gorgeous cup cakes. In a couple of weeks time I was thinking of making some red velvet cup cakes, but my problem is I've never made butter cream frosting before and I wanted to top them with this delight. Would you have any suggestions for a butter cream frosting recipe for a first timer?

Cherry Blossom Cupcakes said...

Hi Maria,
I think I could write a book on making good buttercream but I guess a few good tips are probably the same as for all baking, use room temperature butter, beat it well before adding any sugar and add icing sugar very slowly making sure it is well combined after each addition and beat very well after all the sugar is added. I hope this helps and I'm glad you like my blog- spread the word!

Penelope said...

Just discovered your blog, gorgeous! Can I ask..what is white Nutella? I'm curently breastfeeding, my daughter does not sleep if I eat chocolate, so I'm suffering nutella withdrawals!