Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hey! That's not a cupcake!


So... what beats a cupcake? Actually, nothing beats a cupcake and it was silly of me even to imagine that something could. Still, if something COULD conceivably be as good as a cupcake it might be this yummy creation. I made this for my Mum's 62nd birthday and knowing that she goes ga ga over sponge cakes and gingerbread I made her this gorgeous girly cake. Based on a recipe by the wonderful Jennifer Graham, this is a Ginger Fluff Sponge with Apple sauce filling and loads and loads of whipped cream topped with gorgeous magenta roses and tied with a satin bow. I think if this cake was a person it would be Ginger from Gilligan's Island, girly and fluffy but somehow sultry and spicy at the same time.

2 comments:

Kellie ~ Ada and Darcy said...

Oh wow!!!!

Dutch girl loves2bake said...

Ohhhh looks so good! Congratulations with your mother! xxx