Saturday, July 11, 2009

Strawberry Shortcake





I designed this cupcake for a 3rd birthday party for the extremely cute Teagan. Her 3rd birthday 'Tea Party' was an adorable affair with mini scones, fairy bread and of course, cupcakes! While I made these sugar paste strawberries I was reminded of 'Strawberry Shortcake' who was a HUGE fad for us children of the 80s. For those not familiar, Strawberry Shortcake was an adorable ragdoll character with a large pink bonnet and endless amounts of merchandise for little girls to collect. These cupcakes are Strawberry Pink Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream frosting and decorated with handmade sugar strawberries and sprinkles. The cupcakes are made with real strawberries and are a delighfully girlie pink inside. Yum yum!

4 comments:

PlanningQueen said...

Your cup cakes are very beautiful! Are you MElbourne based.

Penny Williams said...

They look gorgeous! very jealous of your talent! :)

Cherry Blossom Cupcakes said...

Thank you so much! They are my pride and joy I must admit! Yes, I am Melbourne based too.

Rilsta said...

Wow, what amazing creations you have made!! I love all the delicious tasting flavours you come up with and the beautiful frosting designs! You are very talented!