Thursday, July 2, 2009

Very Merry Cherry




Cherries make me think of Christmas. Every Christmas my mum has a huge bowl of cherries on the dessert table and it doesn't matter how full I am, I can always fit a few in. Being a bit gloomy in this Melbourne weather at the moment I decided a little Christmas might cheer me up. I found a yummy sounding cherry ripe cupcake recipe and decided it was just what the doctor ordered, some merriment in the shape of a cupcake! This is a Chocolate and Cherry Ripe Cupcake with Coconut Buttercream frosting and decorated with handmade sugar flowers and cachous. It was so yummy, velvety chocolate cake with cherry ripe chunks interspersed and finished off with some fluffy coconut buttercreanm.

2 comments:

Elisa said...

Read your post and it made my mouth water. Whenever anyone at my place gets a box of Family Favourites...I get the Cherry Ripes..YUMMM!!!
Cherry Ripe chocolate Cupcake sounds sooo yummmy!!!
I'd love the recipe if you don't mind.

Elisa said...

Elisa again!

I'd love a copy of the recipe for Cheery Ripe Chocolate Cupcake. If you could send recipe to belisacupcakesblogspot.com it would be great.