Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mary Poppins Cupcakes





My favourite line of all in Mary Poppins is in the song 'A Spoonful of Sugar' which Mary purports "changes bread and water into tea and cakes'. There really is nothing quite like tea and cakes, especially when they're yummy cupcakes! When I was asked to make cupcakes for a ladies morning tea with a lemon and pink theme I decided to try out my new strawberry cuppies on the grown ups too! I thought surely even sophisticated gals still like a pink cupcake? It turns out they do and these Strawberry Pink Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream frosting decorated with handmade sugar flowers and pearls went down a treat with a cup of tea or even a cheeky champagne so I've heard!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Geat blog - Your cupcakes are amazing :) So pretty and girly....
I've added you to my blogs to follow, you left a comment on my blog a while back, I'm from Melbourne as well :)