Sunday, September 6, 2009

Romancing the rose


At the moment I am lovingly tending 10 rose plants in my new garden and crossing my fingers that all this love will result in gorgeous roses to make me happy in my home and garden. In the meantime I decided to create some rose cupcakes so that I can have some joyous sugar roses not influenced by the whims of mother nature (and crazy 44 degree heatwaves!). There is something so flamboyant and exotic about a rose in full bloom so I decided to go with a beautifully scented cake to compliment my sugar roses. These are Pistachio Cupcakes with Rosewater and Vanilla Buttercream frosting decorated with sugar roses and mini sugar flowers. They make a beautiful afternoon tea cupcake with a lovely cup of earl grey or would be so stunning for a races brunch.

3 comments:

Maria@TheGourmetChallenge said...

oh they are so pretty, I just love love love the gorgeous purple rose ontop. Its so elegant!

Iron Chef Shellie said...

These look amazing!!! One day I will master the art of sugar flowers! =)

Cherry Blossom Cupcakes said...

Thanks guys! I must admit it was a labour of love. These sugar roses take me AGES!!