Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Citrus and Sunshine



Well things are warming up in grey old Melbourne and I decided to create a delicious citrus cupcake to reflect my bright mood. I am experimenting with filled cupcakes at the moment and thought this might be a nice time to try a light, zesty filled cake instead of the chocolatey creations of late. I also wanted to spoil a few of my favourite girlfriends so they reaped the rewards of my experimenting! These are Coconut Flake Cupcakes filled with White Chocolate and Lemon Mousse and frosted with Citrus buttercream and decorated with handmade sugar petunias and pearls. They are a more colourful version of the ivory floral cupcakes I made for Tara's wedding because I loved the feminine design so much but felt like giving it a summery twist.

5 comments:

Vee - A Melbourne Munchkin. said...

Hey, just thought I'd let you know - my friend dropped by my blog today and was completely bowled over by...your cupcakes! (she found the link from your comment) She thinks they're soo gorgeous - great work! xx

Karine said...

I love the green color of the frosting! Great cupcakes!

Cherry Blossom Cupcakes said...

Hey guys, thanks so much for the feedback. Vee, that is a lovely compliment, I love your blog too!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

That's absoutely divine and it looks like Spring encapsulated in a cupcake! :)

diva said...

thank you for visiting The Sugar Bar! it was lovely to see your comment on it ;) and gosh, i adore these cupcakes. the colours are my favourite spring colours. perfection in a cupcake.