Saturday, October 10, 2009

Spring is in the air


I may have mentioned that Spring is my favourite season. Being an eternal optimist I just love it when my garden pops out with buds and lavender and the air smells of jasmine and blossoms. That said, I was delighted with Grace's yummy mummy decided on a spring theme for Grace's christening. The room was decorated adorably with pink and green balloon bunches topped with spring creatures like butterflies and ladybirds. It was so unique and pretty, a departure from the usual christening motifs. In keeping with the theme we designed gorgeous girly White Chocolate Mud Cupcakes with Pink Vanilla Buttercream decorated with mint and pink daisies and sugar pearls and Hummingbird Cupcakes with Mint Green Maple Syrup Buttercream decorated with handmade sugar hearts and sprinkles. I also added the occasional mini pink butterfly nestled in amongst the cakes every now and then. Happy Christening Gracie!

1 comment:

Aspiring Domestic Goddess said...

These are gorgeous!! You are so talented :)