Saturday, October 17, 2009

Tara's dreamy ivory wedding


When the amazingly gorgeous Tara approached me to make the cakes for her wedding I was honoured and very excited. She had a gorgeous theme of mainly ivory with rose petals and tea light candles. She also wanted to incorporate the design of her wedding invitation which were gorgeous white bows so we came up with some lovely romantic floral designs and also a very minimalist bow design. These are White Chocolate Mudcakes with Vanilla Buttercream frosting decorated with handmade white sugar bows and Vanilla and Almond Sponge Cakes with Vanilla Buttercream frosting decorated with handmade sugar flowers and pearls. She also requested a cutting cake for the top tier which was also a White Chocolate mudcake with White Chocolate Ganache filling and Ivory Fondant Icing. It was a truly stunning and glamorous function and I wish Tara and Brent all the very best, they deserve it!

8 comments:

Anh said...

I am sure everyone is pleased with these cupcakes. Way too pretty! :)

Esz said...

Hi! Thanks for dropping by my blog. I LOVE yours too - and I'm always on the hunt for the perfect cupcake :-))

Rilsta said...

Wow, sponge cakes as cupcakes! How cool!

I love the little bows too (though you can hardly see them in the photo!). I can't believe you hand made each of those bows!

You should hold fondant lessons! I am still to scared to try!

Cherry Blossom Cupcakes said...

Thanks guys! The bows were very cute, I do hand make all my decorations. Even though it's time consuming it's worth it to get it exactly right and I love doing it! Sorry the photo's a bit dodgy, I was so overwhelmed to be finished that I just clicked and ran :)

Iron Chef Shellie said...

gorgeous work =)
cupcakes always make everyone happy!!

Trissa said...

Beautiful cupcakes. I have always thought cupcakes were a great idea for a wedding cake. You did a wonderful job - they should be very happy!

Maria@TheGourmetChallenge said...

I'm always so impressed an in awe when I see your cupcakes! They are so lovingly made and oh so beautiful!

Fantastic job!!

Gastronomy Gal said...

what gorgeous cupcakes! Thanks for stopping by my blog!! I will pass on your details to another brisbane blogger who is on the search for the perfect cupcake!