Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hello Kitty Cupcake






Am I the only 30 (cough cough) something year old that thinks that Hello Kitty is ridiculously adorable? Err... probably, but my seven year old neighbours completely agree. Anyway, when I saw some fabulous Hello Kitty cupcakes created by the truly amazing Kelly at Once Upon A Cupcake (in California) I was inspired to make my own. Her designs were so lovely and kitch that I thought any little girl would be thrilled with them. It took me quite a while to decide on a cupcake flavour befitting of the adorable Hello Kitty design, tossing up strawberry, raspberry, coconut but none seemed quite right. Then it hit me, a cute, white, quirky kitten needs a cute, white, quirky cupcake so these are White Chocolate Rocky Road Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream frosting and Hello Kitty motifs. The white chocolate cupcakes are dotted with yummy goodies like mini marshmallows, dried cranberries and chopped macadamia nuts and are cute to boot!

1 comment:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Aww that's so cute! :D Hello Kitty can transcend all ages!