Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The return of the cupcake!


Well, after a hiatus from cupcaking I have finally returned to the joy of baking and creating cupcakes. Life took me in an unexpected direction for a while there but I have at long last made my way back to the oven. This week I have been taken by the autumnal Melbourne weather and all the yumminess that autumn brings. I've been inspired by gorgeous spices like cinnamon and nutmeg as well as autumn fruits like fresh picked apples and persimmons (but more on those later). These are Caramel Apple Cupcakes with Maple Syrup Buttercream Frosting and decorated with handmade sugar pansies. The weather outside has turned decidedly nippy and these cupcakes are toasty and comforting with brown sugar and caramel flavours as well as a hint of cinammony spice. I really love the idea of being inspired by the seasons, eating the food that not only suits the weather but also is freshest and best at this time of the year. I had a rather large bowl of gorgeous gala apples bought at a farm gate in the Mornington Peninsula that were still wet with morning dew when I bought them so I decided an apple cupcake was a must. Now, I have about a dozen rather gigantic persimmons to turn into cupcake form....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi can you tell me which piping nozzel you used to make this ribbon style piping. It looks fantastic. If possible can you post a photo of the nozzel.
thanks