Thursday, July 29, 2010

Truffles and Ruffles







I don't know about you but I am mightily partial to a dark chocolate truffle. Very often my shopping expeditions include a stealthy visit to Koko Black for one or two treats of melt-in-the-mouth chocolate goodness. I decided to design a chocolate truffle inspired cupcake for an adults only birthday party I was asked to supply cakes for. The resultant cakes are dark and chocolatey, mildly spiked with coffee liquer to give them a real grown up flavour. These are Dark Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes with 70% Cocoa Chocolate Buttercream Frosting and decorated with handmade sugar peonies and white chocolate lattices.

7 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Oh my! Those flowers are gorgeous! How did you make those? I'm in love!

Cherry Blossom Cupcakes said...

Thanks Lorraine! That is quite a compliment coming from you! I would be happy to give you a lesson any time you like but really it is just a matter of getting the sugar paste very fine and frilling the edges to give them a soft look.

Maria@TheGourmetChallenge said...

I'm always in awe of your creations. Would love to sink my teeth into some of these!

Cath @ Moo-Lolly-Bar said...

How cute do these cupcakes look? I wouldn't know whether to eat it or frame it!

maya said...

http://coco-pistachio.blogspot.com/
please follow this blog, or just visit it!!
its a baking blog aswell and im 16 and ive put so much effore into it
thanks
xx

Kim said...

Wow, if these cupcakes taste even half as good as they look, you're on to a winner. Delectable! Do you have a store, or do you sell from home?

Gray Wolf Design said...

Hi there,

I like your blog, I am a Graphic Designer, so if you ever need any printed material, feel free to contact me.

I have a blog:http://graywolfstudio.blogspot.com/

Hope all goes well...

Kind Regards,
Tara Hackett
Gray Wolf Design
graywolfdesign@hotmail.com